Pages

Monday, March 15, 2021

Yanny or Laurel

 Hey, bloggers. Today for Literacy we are learning about Laurel and Yanny and about how we hear it and why others hear it differently.  There is another one like yanny and laurel and it says green needle or brainstorm is similar to the one we learned about.

In our Literacy, most of us heard Yanny instead of Laurel. The secret is frequency. The audio information that makes us hear Yanny is higher frequency than the audio information that makes us hear Laurel. old people her laurel or people who have heard loud sounds in their life.

Sometimes you could hear both and that is normal for some people. Older adults tend to start losing their hearing at the higher frequency ranges. In the whole world, 42% of people hear Laurel, 40% of people hear Yanny and 18% of people hear both yanny and laurel.

This is the link to the sound

What did you hear?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post